Hamelin-Laie offers students the opportunity to take the Cambridge exams from Primary to Secondary.
- The students in sixth form of primary school practice skills (grammar, reading, listening, writing and speaking) for the Pet exam which is B1 level for the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). The students may take the official Cambridge exam in June which is held in the school.
- In the first-year of secondary school students practice these skills at a higher level, B1 plus.
- The second-year secondary students then practice full exams ready to take the official Cambridge First Certificate exam, (B2) which is held in the school, in June.
- The third-year students then start an advanced level, practicing all these skills on a B2 plus level.
- The fourth-year students then practice full exams for the official Cambridge Advanced exam, (C1) which is also held in the school in June.
- Students in Bachillerato & IB Diploma who wish to, may continue to study these five skills for the Cambridge Proficiency exam, (C2) which is held in Barcelona on a date which is agreed on by the teacher and students.
GERMAN, FRENCH & CHINESE
German, French & Chinese as additional languages for Primary and Secondary students reinforce and enrich the four basic linguistic skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
The following official GERMAN exams may be taken, usually held in May in the Goethe Institute of Barcelona:
- The first-year of secondary school students may take the Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Fit in Deutsch A1.
- The second and third-year of secondary school, the Goethe-Zertifikat A2: Fit in Deutsch (A2.1 in the second year and A2.2 in the third).
- Students who wish to continue may take the Goethe-Zertifikat B1 in the fourth-year of secondary education.
The following official FRENCH exams may be taken, usually held in June, in the French Institute of Barcelona:
- The sixth year of primary may take the official French A.
- The second year of secondary school students may take the A2
- Students who wish to continue may take the B1 in the fourth year of secondary education.
The YCT (Youth Chinese Test) as a second foreign language for Primary and Secondary students consists of different levels (YCT Level 1, YCT Level 2, YCT Level 3 and YCT Level 4).
The following official exams held in the Confucius Institute of Barcelona may be taken by the students, usually held in May:
- The fifth and sixth-year of primary may take the YCT 2 (A1).
- The second and third-year students YCT 3 (A2).
- Students who wish to continue may take the HSK in the fourth year of secondary education.